Detention Center Administrative Staff
The Detention Administration staff is directly accountable to the Sheriff for implementation of all of the Sheriff’s orders and direction concerning the operation of the Stanly County Detention Center.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Detention Center Administration Staff are responsible for directing the operation of the Stanly County Detention Center including the supervision of the detention staff, overseeing inmate care, and adhering to department policies and procedures to insure the security, safety and well-being of employees and inmates.
- Oversee the day to day, efficient operation of the Stanly County Detention Center in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations. This includes housing, feeding, clothing, medical care, recreation, and safety of the inmates.
- Supervise a staff of 30 plus employees.
- Responsible for the oversight of 133 plus inmates.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of a budget for Detention operations.
- Prepare and recommend policies and procedures to assure that a high level of security is maintained in order to protect inmates, jail personnel and the public.
- Conduct physical inspections of the jail as needed, in order to maintain security of cell blocks, including assuring that locks, windows, doors, etc. are in proper working order.
- Communicate with the Chief Deputy, Sheriff, Detention personnel, inmates and the public to provide information and establish good relations with the public.