Policies & Procedures
Detention Center Policies & Procedures
To maintain the safety and security of the facility, the detention staff and the community, the following policies and procedures have been put in place at the Stanly County Detention Center. They have been developed to meet the evolving needs of both the facility and the community.
There are currently three (3) ways to post a bond for an inmate incarcerated at the Stanly County Detention Center.
- Hire a Bail Bondsman; their fee is typically 15% of the total bond amount.
- Post a bond in cash.
- Post a property bond. When posting a property bond, if the bond amount is greater than $4,999.00 you will be required to hire an attorney to prepare a Deed of Trust.
To inquire about the bond stipulations of an inmate at the Stanly County Detention Center, please call (704) 986-3858.
Stanly County Detention Center
Inmate Care Packages
Inmates at the Detention Center are not allowed to receive care packages from the public. Inmates on a writ from another county cannot receive care packages nor have money placed on their Inmate Account. Everything listed below may be purchased by inmates through the Inmate Commissary if they have funds available in their Inmate Account. Or you may visit Jailatm.com to order items for an inmate or deposit money.
- Three (3) Pairs of White Socks
- Three (3) White Underwear
- Three (3) White Wireless Bras
- One (1) White or Off-White Thermal Shirts (T-shirts are not allowed)
- Three (3) Paperback books to include a Bible and religious materials. All books will be donated to the Inmate Library at the Detention Center after the inmate has finished reading them. All books must be ordered directly from the publisher and mailed to the Detention Center.
- One (1) Deck of Playing Cards
- Fifteen (15) Sheets of White Paper (notebook paper acceptable)
- Fifteen (15) White Envelopes (no security envelopes)
- Two (2) Pictures (4″ X 6″ maximum)
Inmates are allowed to possess the following items:
- County-Issued Property: Authorized medication, one plastic property container (except weekenders), one mattress, one blanket, two sheets, one bath towel, one washcloth, one inmate uniform, one set of footwear.
- Personal Items: (3) pair of white underwear/white bra (no underwire), (3) pairs of white socks, (15) envelopes and (15) sheets of writing paper, (2) paperback book, (1) paperback Bible, total of (3) paperback books.
Every inmate at our facility is provided with an Inmate Handbook to assist them in adjusting to confinement at the Stanly County Detention Center. The information and procedures described in this Inmate Handbook apply to all inmates and detainees, regardless of their length of stay or the reason for their incarceration. The Inmate Handbook is available down below.