Keeping You Connected To Your Loved Ones
The Stanly County Detention Center will ensure that inmates confined in the Stanly County Detention Center are provided the opportunity to visit with family, friends and professionals during times designated for visiting by the Detention Center Administrator. There are currently two different ways to visit inmates incarcerated at our facility, online via the Internet and onsite at the Detention Center.
All inmate visits at the Stanly County Detention Center are non-contact video visits. Inmate visitation is a privilege and may be denied for disciplinary reasons. Inmate visits may be restricted consistent with administrative limitations and the need to uphold the safety and security of the facility.
The Stanly County Detention Center now offers online visitation for inmates incarcerated at our facility via the Internet. This video visit may be conducted from any high-speed Internet connection with an available web cam, microphone and speakers. Inmates are allowed an unlimited number of online visits, providing that there are available visitation time slots.
Detention Center Lobby
The Stanly County Detention Center provides onsite inmate visits at the Detention Center. Inmates are only allowed one (1) onsite visit per week, with the visitation week starting over every Tuesday. Onsite visitation is available every day of the year, including weekends and holidays. All onsite visits are limited to 15 minutes.
To schedule a visit, call the Visitation Office at 704-986-3734 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Onsite visits cannot be scheduled on weekends or holidays. An officer will respond to any messages left on the voicemail while the office is closed, so make sure you leave a contact telephone number with your message.
- Inmates are only allowed one (1) onsite visit per week with the exceptions of working inmates (trustees).
- Visitation week starts over every Tuesday.
- Visits must be scheduled no later than 24 hours in advance.
- Visits cannot be scheduled any sooner than seven (7) days in advance.
- If more than one visitor is coming for a given time-slot, only one person needs to schedule the visit.
- If an inmate attempts to obtain more than one visit per week, the following weeks’ visitation will be lost.
Onsite visitation times:
Tuesdays: working inmates (trustees) and inmates with the last name between A-L
Wednesdays: Female inmates only, Female working inmates are allowed two (2) visits.
Thursdays: working inmates (trustees) and inmates with the last name between M – Z
Evening(s): 6:00 pm, 6:15 pm, 6:30 pm, 6:45 pm, 7:00 pm, 7:15 pm, 7:30 pm, 7:45 pm, 8:00 pm, 8:15 pm
In order to ensure the safety of Detention Staff, inmates, and their families and friends; the Stanly County Detention Center has put in place rules and guidelines for all visitations. These rules are not meant to be “arbitrary,” but were put in place to ensure the safety of all, and to maintain order in the Detention Center.
- All adult visitors must present a government issued photo Identification such as driver’s license, State I.D. card, military I.D., etc.
- No persons under the age of eighteen (18) can visit without a parent or legal guardian. Children must be supervised and kept under control at all times.
- Visits are limited to Three (3) adults per visit.
- No purses, bags, firearms or weapons of any type, chemical sprays, cell phones, or cameras will be allowed in the facility. All personal effects must be left at home or in their vehicle.
- Visitors must wear conservative clothing. Short-Shorts, miniskirts, bathing suits, halter tops, or other revealing clothing is prohibited and will prevent them from visiting. Any visitor who intentionally exposes themselves in violation of state law during a visit will be prosecuted criminally.
- If a visitor is ten (10) minutes late for a visit, the visit is automatically cancelled and may be rescheduled by the visitor. It is recommended that visitors arrive 15 minutes in advance.
- Visitors may be subjected to a “pat” search prior to entering the visitation area. Visitors will be denied the right to visit if they refuse a search.
- Officers may refuse a visit if a visitor appears under the influence of any intoxicating substance, refuses to cooperate, fails to produce identification or acts in a disorderly manner.
- Visitors may not wander through or loiter in the visitation area or Detention lobby. Visitors must stay at their assigned booth during visitation.
- All visitors are required to follow the instructions of Officers. Visitors failing to cooperate will be asked to leave, terminating the visit and are subject to the revocation of visiting privileges.
Inmates can lose their visitation privileges for inappropriate behavior and failure to follow rules of the Stanly County Detention Facility.
Contact the Detention Center at (704) 986 3734 to make requests for special consideration regarding a visit, such as if you live more than 100 miles from the facility. Visitors must inquire in advance of the requested date and time of visit.