Frequently Asked Questions

 1. Q: How can I apply for a job with the Stanly County Sheriff’s Office?

 Fill out a “Pre Employment Application“and deliver it to the Sheriff’s Office.

2. Q: Can I look up inmate or active warrant information online?

  No, We are unable to offer that feature on our website at this time.

3. Q: How do I start the process for a “Carry Concealed Weapon” permit?

  You first must attend a firearm course offered by a North Carolina CCW Certified Firearms Instructor. After graduation come by the Stanly County Sheriff’s Office  to obtain a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW)  packet.  There will be a cover letter explaining the process.  It will take up to 90 days to get your CCW permit.  Once you fill out the application you must make an appointment by contacting the Sheriff’s Office at 704-986-3729 to complete the application process.